- Leeks have tons of vitamin K which is necessary for clotting (aka preventing bleeding in your body).
- It’s a green vegetable, and as such it contains a lot of fiber.
- It improves your digestive health and helps you be more regular, whether you have a tendency towards diarrhea or constipation.
- Along with some other fruits and vegetables, it plays an important role in preventing colon cancer.
- It prevents anemia because it contains iron, which is especially important for women of reproductive age.
- It contains folate, which is mostly important for pregnant women.
- Many of the vitamins in leeks are good for your heart.
Leeks are very easy to use in every day meals. Here are some great healthy recipes that highlight leek:
Eat healthy ❤